Netflix provides unlimited internet movie streaming to your PC for a fixed monthly price (in addition to the mailer DVDs). However, watching movies on your PC or laptop is only good for one or two persons. Why not share the movies with your friends or family by sending the movies to your TV? Unless you already have an XBox 360, otherwise you would have to spend at least $ 99 to buy a video player from Netflix to stream movies to your TV. The following steps will cost you a lot less.
1) Connect your laptop with your home TV with a S-video cable:
The S-composite cable is the easiest way to send video images from your PC to your TV. You might have one at home already. If you, pick one up from Amazon.com or Radio Shark.
2) Turn on your PC and start NVIDIA control:
The NVIDIA control allows you to send signals to a second display monitor, i.e., your TV.Set it to dual display.
3) Turn on your TV and push the video feed button to find the PC feed:
You should now see what is displayed on your PC.
4) Connect external loud speakers to the PC:
The speakers will boost the volume of the sounds and add stereo effects. Make sure the playback device is now set to the external speakers by using he volume/audio control. If not, unplug and reconnect the speakers until they are recognized by the PC.
5) Start a Netflix movie like normal:
Now the video signal should be sent to the TV screen and the sound should be amplified by the speakers for your enjoyment.
6) Get the popcorn ready and enjoy your favorite movies!